Gunshot Detection and Active Shooter Countermeasure Technology
This is a comment to DHS press release: “EAGL Technology is proud to say we were an active participant in this event. This was an exciting opportunity for our technology to prove its capabilities.”
What Is EAGL?
EAGL Technology, LLC is proud to present the Emergency Automatic Gunshot Lockdown System. This new and innovative system was designed in part by the Department of Energy to protect innocent citizens, buildings and other critical infrastructure from random shooting incidents. The EAGL system will detect firearm discharges and automatically lock down buildings and other soft target areas based on predetermined scenarios developed by Security Industry, First Responders and Para-Military professionals. Separate commands are sent to the IP camera’s management system to capture the active shooter’s image and send the image along with emergency notification of an active shooter situation to Law Enforcement’s emails and smart phones . This message includes GPS coordinates of the shooter(s) and ballistic data which updates in real time with each discharge of a weapon. There is capacity to integrate with the building’s public address system to notify its occupants of the active shooter situation.
The FireFly Ballistic Detector is the latest and most effective indoor/outdoor Gunshot Detection and Ballistic Identification technology. It was designed by the U.S. Department Of Energy laboratory’s to have a zero false-read rate.
The total EAGL system response time is less than 30 seconds. Research shows the average law enforcement response time is 12 minutes, and that most violence occurs in the first 10 minutes. There had been more than 500 mass shootings in the United States during 2016.
Main Features and Benefits
- Significantly reduces law enforcement response time, saving as many lives as possible
- Deters against unlawful access to soft target areas, ie classrooms and workplace areas to give occupants time to escape
- Provides triple-redundant card access control to deny unauthorized access
- Instant, automated facility lockdown in case of gunshot fire or on command during any other life threatening situation
- Fully autonomous lockdown and notification capability, unreliable and cost prohibitive human monitoring stations are rendered unnecessary
- Integration capability with existing Public Address system and IP cameras
- Real time data dissemination, to include caliber of weapons being deployed
- Provides critical information to law enforcement and building officials in order to take immediate and appropriate actions
- Provides Photo, Location, Vector, Description, Ballistic Data
- First Responders can access IP cameras from their personal devices
- Creates a “Harden Target”, deterring potential attackers